by: Tony Luck
Get Your Bodies Ready
When you have decided you want a baby, get your body ready:
* Take folic acid in supplement form, 400mcg a day, or it can be found insome foods like cornflakes.
* Cut down on your caffeine intake.
* If you've come off the pill, there's some dispute about how long you should wait before trying to conceive, but it's probably best to wait 2-3 months.
* The man should take zinc supplements to increase the strength and numbers of his sperm
* He should also increase his vitamin D intake - drink milk.
* Cut down on alcohol. Even 2 pints per day will, on average, reduce your baby's weight by 6.5 ozs.
* Stop smoking. Just one more reason to do so!
* Keep the sperm cool - ideally 2-3? cooler than the rest of the body. Avoid tight underwear and tight jeans. Try boxer shorts, they may not be the latest in designer chic, but they help the testicles to stay away from the body and stay cooler.
Have sex at the right time..
.. and frequently. To stand a chance of conceiving, live sperm has to fertilise an egg at the time of ovulation - usually around day 14 of your period. Sperm will usually live for 3 days so will hang around waiting and your timing doesn't have to be exact. You can get ovulation predictor kits from your chemist.
What's The Best Position?
It doesn't really matter, although with the woman on top you may be reducing your chances of conceiving.
You can be doing everything right but you won't necessarily conceive in the first month. In fact you probably won't. Success is closely related to age:
* Women aged 20-25 have a 1 in 4 chance of conceiving,
* With women aged 30-35 the chance drops to 1 in 7, and the success rate falls as they get older.
On average it will take a couple in their early to mid-twenties five cycles to conceive, and a couple in their early thirties ten cycles. One in ten couples have to wait more than a year before they succeed.
When picking a baby name for your baby son or daughter, please conduct a reality check by looking up its meaning. This exercise should be conducted at two levels. First check the meaning of the name in your own language.
Our database of baby names has been compiled from various references, resources and suggestions provided to us by our site visitors and resource partners .
© Copyright 2020 Babynology